Prof. S. David Gertz, MD, PhD
Studies in this laboratory are directed toward elucidating mechanisms of the pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases and the development of strategies and applied technologies for treatment. Current efforts focus on the following projects:
· Mechanisms and Application of Low Level Laser Irradiation for prevention of the Progression of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm.
· Non-invasive Imaging Technologies for the Identification of Vulnerable Coronary Atherosclerotic Plaques Prone to Rupture.
· The Pathogenesis and Prevention of In-Stent Coronary and Peripheral Arterial Stenosis.
· NewSit: A Revolutionary Airline Seat for Prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis During Prolonged Air Travel.
· Alternative Treatment Strategies for the Prevention of Sudden Death in Patients with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.