Dr. Ilana Kadmon
Breast Care Clinical Nurse Specialist
and Senior Lecturer
Henrietta Szold Hadassah and the Hebrew UniversitySchool of Nursing, Facultyof Medicine
Hadassah Medical Organization
91120 Jerusalem, Israel
List of Publications – Ilana Kadmon RN,. PhD
1) Kadmon, I. Breast Cancer: Women's Experience of Decision-Making and the Role of the Nurse Counselor, Supervisor Prof. Kath Melia, Dept. of Nursing Studies, Faculty of Social Science, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. Awarded February 1994.
1) Kadmon, I. (2006) Along the Path – Breast Cancer from a Medical, Personal and Social Perspective, Carta Pub., Jerusalem, 205 pages (in Hebrew).
1) Kadmon, I. (2008) Guest Editor, Israeli Cancer Nursing Journal, Volume 17 (3), 46 pages. (in Hebrew)
Chapters in Books/ Collections:
1) Kadmon, I. (2008) The Role of the Breast Cancer Nurse Specialist. in: Jacobs L (ed.) Coping with Cancer, Nova Science Publishers, NY, 2008. pp. 1-5.
2) Kadmon I. (2011) (ed.) Breast Health. in: Tamir T. (ed.) Women and Their Bodies: our bodies, health and sexuality, Modan Pub., pp. 643-666. in Hebrew.
a. Articles in non-refereed journals/collections
1) Kadmon, I. (1996). Breast cancer as a feminist issue. in: Avgar. A. (ed.). (1996).
Breast Cancer in Israel. Brookdale Institute Pub. Jerusalem, 139-156.. (in Hebrew).
2) Kadmon, I. (2002). Breast Cancer from a Social Perspective – the Israeli Breast
Cancer Coalition. In: BAMAH - Journal for health professionals in the field of
cancer, Published by the Israel Cancer Association. Givatayim. 216-220. (in
3) Kadmon, I. (2006). A Network of Breast Care Nurses. In: BAMAH - Journal for
health professionals in the field of cancer, Published by the Israel Cancer
Association. Givatayim. 81-82. (in Hebrew).
4). Kadmon, I.(2009). Training and education: Setting the standard for the next
generation. Newsletter of the European Oncology Nursing Society, Autumn
b. Articles in refereed journals
1) Kadmon, I. PI (1995). Participation of the woman in decision-making regarding her
treatment for breast cancer. Israeli Cancer Nursing Journal. 1(3). 10-12. (in
2) Kadmon, I. PI (1996). Participation of the woman in decision-making regarding her
treatment for breast cancer - Part. II. Israeli Cancer Nursing Journal. 4(1). 13-16
3) Kadmon, I. PI, & Woloski-Wruble, A. PI (2000). Coping and adjustment of husbands
of women with breast cancer. Israeli Cancer Nursing Journal. 8(3). 14-17 (in
4) Woloski-Wruble, A. PI, & Kadmon, I. PI (2002). Breast Cancer: Reactions of Israeli
men to their wive’s diagnosis. European Journal of Oncology Nursing. 6(2), 93-99. (
5) Kadmon, I. PI , Woloski-Wruble, A. PI, Jiang, Y. C, Qiang, W. C, & Dekeyser, F. C
(2004). Social support as experienced by Chinese and Israeli husbands of women
with breast cancer: a comparative study. European Journal of Oncology Nursing,
6) Kadmon, I. PI (2008) Decision making in breast cancer care. Israeli Cancer NursingJournal, 16(3), 6-9. (in Hebrew).
7) Ochayon, L. PI ,S, Zelker, R. C, Caduri, L. C, & Kadmon I. PI (2008) Adjuvant Hormonal Treatment for Breast Cancer Related Symptoms and their Influence on Quality of Life – a Literature Review. Israeli Cancer Nursing Journal, 16(3), 18-25. (in Hebrew).
8) Kadmon, I. PI Dekeyser Ganz, F. C, Rom M. C , & Woloski-Wruble A. PI (2008) Social, marital and sexual adjustment of Israeli men whose wives were diagnosed with breast cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum, 35(1), 131-135.
9) Kav, S. PI Johnson, J. C, Rittenberg, C. C, Fernadez-Ortega, P. C, Suominen, T. C, Olsen, P. C, Patiraki, E. C, Porock, D. C, Dahler, A C., Toliusiene, J. C, Tadic, D. C , Pittayapan, P. C Roy, V. C Wang, Q. C Colak. M, C Saca-Hasboun. H. C, Makumi, D.
Kadmon, I. C, Ben ami, S. C, Anderson, E. C & Clark-snow, R. C (2008) Role of the nurse in patient education and follow-up of people receiving oral chemotherapy treatment: an international survey. Supportive Care Cancer, 16, 1075-1083.
10) Kadmon, I. PI ,& Barak, F. C (2009) The Multidisciplinary Approach to Breast Cancer:A New Outlook on Nursing Care, Clinical Oncology and Cancer Research (The former Chinese Journal of Clinical Oncology), 6(3), 157-161.
11) Ochayon, L. PI, S, Zelker, R. C, Caduri, L. C & Kadmon, I. PI (2010) Relationship between Frequency and Severity of symptoms and Quality of Life in Breast Cancer Patients Receiving Adjuvant Chemotherapy. Oncology Nursing Forum, 37(5), E349-358.
12) Woloski-Wruble, A. PI, Dekeyser, F. C, Jiang, Y. C, Qiang, W. C & Kadmon I. PI Israeli and Chinese partners of women with breast cancer: A cross cultural view of marital issues. Psychooncology, 21, Published online, January 2011
13) Kadmon, I. PI , Pierce, P. C, & Antonakos, C. C (201!) Elder Women's decision making styles in Breast Cancer Care - An Israeli study. Accepted for publication in the European Journal of Oncology Nursing, June 2011.
14) Eichler, M., PI, Kadmon, I.* PI, Claasen, C . C, Marquert, S. C, Pennery, E. C, Wengstrom, Y. C & Fenlon, D. C (2011) Training breast care nurses throughout Europe: the EONS post basic curriculum, European Journal of Cancer, July, 2011.