Research is conducted as part of the academic coursework for the Master’s Degree in Nursing, but even in the Baccalaureate program, basic concepts in study design and scientific writing are emphasized.
Many of the studies conducted by both the faculty and the Master’s candidates are published in international peer reviewed journals and are presented at international and national conferences. Nursing research is one of the cornerstones of the Henrietta Szold Hadassah and Hebrew University School of Nursing. Nurses with extensive research backgrounds enrich the professional knowledge of the field while contributing extensively to the evidence based practice both in Israeli medical settings and institutions abroad.
The nursing school faculty are involved in maybe research topics, including:
Health Promotion Infection Prevention Self care and management
End of life care Palliative care Chronic Illness
Care Compliance Long Term Care Cultural Competence
Community Health Quality of Life Acute Illness Care
4b Center for Nursing Research Henrietta Szold-Hadassah Hebrew University School of Nursing
The Center for Nursing Research (CNR) of the Henrietta Szold-Hadassah Hebrew University School of Nursing is committed to the creation, development, dissemination and promotion of nursing research and scholarship. The CNR is dedicated to become a leading center of excellence. Its mission is to provide a center to develop and utilize an evidence-based body of knowledge applicable to Israel and this region with its unique population and health care system.
1. To promote faculty academic productivity
2. To promote student academic productivity
3. To develop and support student and faculty research
4. To develop and support collaborative faculty research projects
5. To support interdisciplinary research efforts
6. To develop and create research collaborations with Nursing Service and other departments within HMO, including both the conduct and utilization of nursing research
7. To create international research and academic collaboration
8. To create collaborations with other research centers
9. To assist faculty in their academic educational and professional advancement
10. To assist researchers in the utilization of research instruments
11. To enhance scholarship through the provision of consultants and mentors
12. To support grant submission
13. To disseminate research produced by center members
14. To create and maintain a Sigma Theta Tau International Chapter (International Nursing Honor Society)