1. The pathophysiology of traumatic brain injury (TBI): mechanisms of damage and repair of motor and cognitive deficits.
- The role of neuroinflammation in the post-injury secondary damage
- The role of the NMDA receptors in the cognitive decline after TBI
- Mechanisms for the repair of learning and memory deficits after TBI
2. The role of cannabinoids in the recovery of motor and cognitive functions after traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Effect of cannabinoids (synthetic, plant- or brain- derived) on the recovery of function and on neurogenesis after TBI.
- Mechanism of action of endocannabinoids as neuroprotective and neuroregenerative molecules.