Prof. Vivian Barak – PhD in Cancer Immunology
- Born in Romania, to Holocaust survivor parents, to Israel-
- Education- BSc, MSc, PhD- from Hebrew University, Jerusalem
- Visiting Scientist- at Sloan Kettering, NY and MD Anderson-
- Since 1985, Head, Immunology & Tumor Diagnosis Lab,
Hadassah - Hebrew
University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
- Since 2005, Associate Professor in Oncology at Hebrew
- Head, Israeli Cytokines Standardization Lab.
- Head, Israeli Tumor Markers Standardization Lab.
- Validation expert in Biomarkers and Immune status of Cancer
- Senior Consultant.
- Teaching at School of Medicine, Hebrew University, Jerusalem
- Teaching /Supervising theses, PhD, MSc, MD- 42 students
- Functions in Israeli Universities: Member, Central Admitting
Reviewer of MSc, MA, PhD Studies, Awards, Grants,
- Member of Steering Committee for Teaching Laboratories
- Member - Editorial Boards of International Journals:
Network, Tumor Biology, In Vivo, Int. J of Cancer,
Biomarkers and Environment, Current Oncology, Tumor
Markers Oncology, Int. J
of Biomarkers, Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy
- Positions in International Societies:
Past, ISOBM President,
present –ISOBM, EGTM and IATMO Board member,
ARVO- Women in Science Board member, European Research
member, Int. Scientific Advisory Board of IIAR
- Presidential positions at 5 International Congresses,
IATMO 1997, ISOBM 2005, ISOBM 2011, ISOBM 2012,
- Member, 30 Scientific Committees of
- Member, 13 Scientific Societies
-Recipient of ISOBM ABBOTT AWARD 2017
- List of publications includes:
264 papers in International
Journals, 16 in Israeli Journals.
- Research Gate (RG) :
Score: 45.31, Impact points: 824, Citations: 6936, Reads: 10756,
Research interests: 3547,
Research items: 303.
- h-index- 45