Students complete an individual, mentored Thesis or Master Paper.
Students in the thesis track collect and analyze data on a relevant public health topic or conduct detailed secondary analyses of an existing database. This track is open to students who achieve above-average grades in the first semester courses. Theses are submitted in writing and defended in an oral examination at the end of the year.
Students who choose this track write a paper on a public health problem which is relevant to their country. The paper may comprise a detailed research project proposal, a program review, or an in-depth analysis of an emerging or existing public health problem.
Master papers are submitted in writing and presented at the end of the year.
Master's Thesis Topics 2018-2019
- Self-reported smoking status, urinary cotinine concentration, and in-vitro-fertilization outcomes
- Alcohol beverage consumption pattern and overweight/obesity among Burundian adults
- Management of musculoskeletal disorders In Jerusalem District: evaluation of a multidisciplinary program of occupational medicine and physiotherapy with regards to time till return to work
- Perceptions of health, ageing and ageism by elderly Israelis and their opinion on the Israeli Health Services
- Associations of body size at birth, adolescence and adulthood with midlife cognitive function
- The impact of decentralization of public health care on health outcomes in Kenya
- Survival and clinical determinants of mortality among HIV infected persons in Neno District, Malawi: A historical cohort study
- The effect of breastfeeding on rapid infant weight gain: a large population-based study using negative control approach
- Determinants of antenatal care services utilization in Nigeria: insights from the Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS) 2016
- The nutrition al Index for the Philippines using the three indicators of the triple burden of malnutrition
Master's Paper Topics 2018-2019
- Risk factors for adverse pregnancy outcomes in Mendefera Zonal referral hospital and Orotta National Maternity referral hospital Eritrea
- Association of kava consumption on the modifiable risk factors for non-communicable diseases (NCDs) in Fiji
- Tackling Cardiovascular Diseases in Guyana: A Community-Based Intervention Program
- Program review of the Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Program in Guyana
- Addressing preventable maternal death in Haiti: A feasibility study to reduce maternal mortality due to Pre-Eclampsia and Eclampsia
- Grant proposal for intervention to reduce irritability in premature babies to improve long term health outcomes
- A design of a research study on the perception of parents, teachers and students towards sex education in high schools in East Jerusalem
- A Program Review on adolescent and youth reproductive health program (Marie Stopes International-Myanmar)
- Utilization of supplier-induced demand: an intervention for creating balance in inequities of caesarean deliveries service utilization in Nepal
- Water sanitation and hygiene (WaSH) emergency preparedness and response plan for Biratnagar Metropolitan City of Nepal
- Cervical cancer screening among refugee women in Uganda: a life–saving intervention